When anxiety becomes an issue in someone’s life, it can have crippling effects. Anxiety disorders impact the lives of millions of people and often result in overthinking even the simplest of situations. Attending individual therapy and other traditional resources for mental health disorders can provide a lot of support. What can add to a person’s ability to heal from anxiety is a really good book on the subject. Montare Behavioral Health of Tucson provides residential care for a variety of anxiety disorders. We also want to recommend the best books for anxiety and overthinking to give people ways to find extra help in reducing their symptoms.
Where to Find the 12 Best Books for Anxiety and Overthinking
When looking for the 12 best books for anxiety and overthinking, there are several options. Many people prefer to shop online and purchase books through websites. Downloading books to an e-reader is quite common now and, the internet makes it easy to do so. Ordering books online can make the process easier and get them quickly to their front door. Other options include visiting your local bookstores, both new and used, and heading to the library.
Set aside some time each day to read in a quiet place. Often, carving out this downtime acts as an opportunity to read and as a way to practice self-care.
The Best Books for Anxiety
Some of our favorite books to help overcome anxiety include the following:
- How to Manage and Master Your Anxiety: This book is subtitled 8 Simple Steps to Improve Memory, Depression, Calm Your Phobias & Fears and Connect Your Mind & Body. It includes directions for using therapeutic techniques, affirmations, mirror work, and more.
- The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety: This book outlines steps to recognize triggers for anxiety and develop the skills to stop them using cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques.
- My Anxiety Journal: Journaling about anxiety can help a person understand and explore their triggers. This journal provides prompts like mindfulness exercises, affirmations, a self-care checklist, and daily exercises to get people motivated to overcome their anxiety.
- Anxiety Relief Coloring Book: Regardless of your age, settling down with a coloring book (this one is for adults and teenagers) can help you relieve anxiety. The book contains mandala-style images to fill in and create a peaceful, colorful world of your choosing.
- Untangle Your Anxiety: Written by two people who overcame their anxiety, including a psychotherapist, this book talks in everyday language about where anxiety comes from and what it takes to remove it from your life.
- The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook: When you suffer from anxiety, it often keeps you isolated from the world. This workbook provides techniques to help people overcome social phobias that allow anxiety to keep them from having meaningful friendships, relationships, and social lives.
The Best Books for Overthinking
Do you find that you overthink even the smallest of ideas or tasks at hand? Check out some of the best books for anxiety and overthinking and learn tips for slowing down and simplifying your thought processes.
- Stop Overthinking: Master Your Emotions: This guidebook provides practical techniques to help people change their habit of overthinking and outwit the cycle of anxiety.
- Stop Overthinking: This guide provides 23 techniques to help relieve the burden of overthinking, stop downward spirals, and relieve stress.
- Healing Anxiety & Overthinking Journal & Workbook: This book leads you through a 60-day process of journalling and using a workbook. It is designed to help you overcome overthinking, anxiety, and negative thinking.
- Women Who Think Too Much: The psychologist author addresses how women especially can fall prey to overthinking in many areas of their lives. She provides strategies to combat the thoughts and become more positive and productive.
- Soundtracks: The Surprising Solution to Overthinking: This book frames overthinking as being a constant negative soundtrack people listen to throughout each day. It provides methods to convert this damaging pattern to healthy, positive soundtracks people can play in their heads and become happier and more creative.
- How to Stop Overthinking and Deal with Anxiety in Relationships: How to employ techniques to stop overthinking matters of the heart. This book helps people stop doubting themselves and their partners and feel more secure when in a relationship.
Contact Montare Tucson About Our Anxiety Treatment Options
Do you have difficulty dealing with family, career, school, and social situations due to experiencing tremendous anxiety? Do you find that making decisions proves hard and can result in frustrating and time-consuming bouts of overthinking? If so, it may be time to seek professional help to overcome an anxiety disorder. Montare Behavioral Health of Tucson, Arizona believes in using a multi-disciplinary approach to treat symptoms of anxiety. Our residential treatment program provides skilled therapists who guide each person as they learn to overcome their anxiety and overthinking. We can also provide prescription medications that help minimize symptoms for those who need them.
If you would like more information about how to overcome anxiety and overthinking, visit our admissions page now.